Absentee voting is a great way to make sure your voice is heard, without the worry that something will come up on election day & from the comfort of your own home!
Steps to Absentee Voting
1. Starting August 8th 2022, request an absentee ballot here
2. Once requested, you can check the status of your absentee ballot. You can see when:
Your application is received
Your ballot has been sent to you
Your completed ballot is received by your clerk
3. Starting the second week of October, your clerk will receive absentee ballots from the state and will send one out to you shortly after.
4. Fill out your ballot!
5. Sign the envelope where indicated.
6. Mail or return your absentee ballot to your clerk's office with the appropriate postage (1 stamp for 1 page, 2 stamps for 2 or more pages). If you don't have stamps, that's okay. Your ballot can still be mailed even if there is no postage.
MAILED BALLOTS MUST ARRIVE BY 8 PM ON NOVEMBER 8th. MAIL YOUR BALLOT BY NOVEMBER 1st TO ENSURE IT ARRIVES ON TIME. IF YOU ARE HAND DELIVERING YOUR BALLOT TO YOUR CLERK'S OFFICE OR ABSENTEE BALLOT BOX (IF AVAILABLE), YOU MUST DO SO BY 8PM ON ELECTION DAY.